Today has been a bit of a roller coaster. I woke up mourning the loss of my morning ritual of orange juice and waffles with almond butter. I instead opted to make scrambled eggs and green tea (because these were the only two paleo ingredients I had in the house).
Being a professional procrastinator, the plan was to head out on the grocery shopping adventure after breakfast so I could stock up for the rest of the week. I have never bought so much raw meat and fresh vegetables in my life... I came home from the store and just stared at all the food, wondering if I would be able to actually cook it all, or if I would wimp out and it would all go bad before I found the time and courage to prep and chop and cook (and clean).
I had a slight nervous breakdown around 5pm when I still hadn't started prepping any of the food b/c the task seemed too daunting. But after the gym I managed to find the energy to make a salad with some pre-cooked chicken and - wait for it - cook brussels sprouts for the first time! And they came out amazingly!
It's bedtime now, and I don't really feel full. But I don't feel starving. And I snuck in a small piece of dark chocolate to soothe me a little and reward me for my efforts on the first day. And I only had to text Tyrone about 20 times today to get through it. I'm sure he's thrilled.
Let's see how tomorrow goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment